Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Grateful for Gratitude

Can I be grateful for gratitude? Is it even possible? Well, if it is, then I am! The last few years of my life I have tried to make gratitude a daily habit. It has literally transformed my life. Try it out! You won't ever regret it!

Since gratitude is such a big part of my life, I have some resources to share out with you all. Here is my all-time favorite gratitude song:



My daughter helped me think up new verses. So far we have: "Merci pour mon chien et mon chat...merci d'être toujours là." Here's that version with the added verse and my daughter giving the song a try along with me. Here's a version with only French sub-titles. I think it'd be a wonderful project to add verses to this song as a class! This lovely song was written and sung by Ann Chiasson, an expert AIM teacher. I had the amazing opportunity to attend an AIM Language Learning conference in July 2012. I attended a session where Ann sang songs created by Wendy Maxwell (creator of AIM) and songs that Ann wrote herself for the transitions in her French immersion classroom. Please visit www.aimlanguagelearning.com for more information on this revolutionary technique that incorporates a 95+% target language approach.

Please consider adding your own verses of gratitude in the replies of the videos or to this blog. We'd love to see what you are grateful for in your comments...in any language! :)

Here's one of my many pins on my gratitude board. It is a perfect little project to go along with the wonderful song above:



There are many other wonderful projects, quotes and resources on my Gratitude Pinterest board. This is one of my favorite gratitude quotes and it's from http://mujerholistica.com/ :


For those of you who don't read Spanish, here's the gist of it: "It's not happy people who are grateful...it's grateful people who are happy!" I believe this whole heartedly!

And now for other fun resources that I've just added to my Teachers pay Teachers Store. There are free samples, but the turkey themed items have a small fee. If you're a French, Elementary or ESL/ELL teacher looking for something productive, yet Thanksgiving-themed this month, feel free to check out my Turkeys in Disguise story and SMARTboard files ($). Find the French SMARTboard file with games here. I also have an English versions: Here's the story powerpoint with native audio, an English professions SMARTboard games and a combined bundle with SMARTboard games, great for elementary teachers as well as ELL/ESL teachers. Here's a sneak peak:





Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! Gratitude transforms lives! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment